**DIARY OF S.Y.S.**

blog of S Y S, the webmistress of mini-sys.com : version 3.0

My Photo
Name:
Location: Jakarta, DKI, Indonesia

"You can't save time & money at the same time"

Thursday, April 07, 2005

a break from work!

(flashback)

last week i was introduced to a 40-year old japanese (NO NOT A MAN!!) lady. her name is sugihara haruyo. the reason she was introduced to me by mom's friend was because she wanted to learn how to use photoshop and illustrator. we had our first meeting accompanied by mom and mom's friend, wada san, over a traditional indonesian lunch meal. she was really sweet indeed (and not to mention lady-like too ... the opposite of me haha :P!) ... during lunch it was decided that i was to come over to her apartment to teach her how to use the illustrator 10 & photoshop 7 on her laptop (with no tablet mind u). well not just THAT ... we were also willing to exchange our knowldege in our own language ... she in japanese and me in english and some indonesian O_O.

thought it would be weird teaching someone ... this would be my first experience but alas!

today rise and shine ... i arrived at her apartment at 10 am as promised. she waited for me at the lobby. was stuck in the morning traffic as usual, but i was surprised i got there on time. but anyway ... was brought into her apartment. we had tea and some snacks first. she showed me a golf magazine for my project but soon was distracted by the fact that she was very interested in seeing my website, the entire content O_O. we pretty much spent the next few hours discussing my stuff, i was surprised how flattered she was by my site. afterwards she was even more excited to learn photoshop and illustrator.

during this little 'lesson' she kept insisting in paying me with some money, but i insisted that it was not necessary. so instead she would give me japanese goods (anything at all), so today i got a bunch of japanese women's fashion magazine & some food from japan (cereal, candy & chocolate). then she took me to lunch to this japanese restaurant named basara ... never been there before, but seeing how many japanese people were inside there eating ... i could immediately identify this restaurant as an authentic japanese restaurant! over here there r so many unauthentic japanese restaurants ... actually wait ... not just japanese but any other restaurants -___-;; she paid for lunch & then we jet off to kinokuniya in plaza senayan (one of the nicest malls in the city ... and i dont even enjoy going to malls yuck haha >_<)

anyway ... we departed as soon as dad picked me up to go home ... she was really thankful that i was there for the entire day to accompany her. it had been a great experience indeed ... communicating in indonesian, english and japanese at once to each other ... like we could use japanese, english and indonesian words in ONE sentence haha :P

... so since i ended up not teaching too much of the computer programs yet ... she was willing to come to my house next thursday afternoon to see how i operate those programs. at least i will have an easier time since i will have my tablet. so this is it for now peeps and enjoy enjoy!

++++++++++

what else?? oh and what were these pictures below for u guys were wondering?

the first pic : me with my indo old high school friends, olivia and felix (my prom date :P) ---> from the past saturday

the second pic : was in the bathroom ... ready to jump into the shower (with no coverage on me whatsoever :P) ... but as soon as i spotted the awesome sky outside the window i just couldnt miss out on it ... so i sprinted out to the next room, grabbed my digicam ... and there u have it folks! i was in awe when i saw how gorgeous the sky was! now i understand what it means when people said, "inspirations are everywhere!"





*****
web : www.mini-sys.com
blog : mini-sys.blogspot.com

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Japindolish? Um, japanglishonesian? Oh, I give up. I'm sure there's a name for the language you and your new student/friend were speaking.

And anytime someone insists on paying you for something, you say "YES!".

Btw, why is your bathroom window shaped like a toilet seat?

4/08/2005 1:02 PM  
Blogger S Y S said...

well i know i shouldnt insist on paying for my own meal, but over here ... apparently the persistance game is done quite often to be polite huehehe -___-;;;

i still feel weird teaching a 40-year old student haha

my bathroom window?? shaped like a toilet seat O_O?? how does my window resemble any toilet seats?? *still confused* ... explanation please!

4/08/2005 6:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that's an awesome view from your bathroom... I wish I have a view like that from my bathroom.. Very.. umm.. Western-ny?? Btw, who is that handsome handsome man in that picture????? Hahahahahaha

4/08/2005 9:17 PM  
Blogger S Y S said...

western ny? thanks for your compliment on my .... bathroom view -__-;;
yeah that man is handsome indeed .... *my mind was disconnected for a moment* ... uhmm where am i? who am i O_O? btw ... who u?

4/08/2005 11:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I....I.....I envy you....the goodies...
the gooooooodies.....

4/10/2005 11:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks for sharing awesome sunset with us!!! >3<

4/15/2005 11:59 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

instyler ionic styler
ugg boots
true religion uk outlet
louis vuitton bags cheap
air jordan shoes for sale
michael kors handbags
nike trainers
ray-ban sunglasses
herve leger dresses
oakley sunglasses wholesale
polo ralph lauren
true religion outlet
ferragamo shoes
salomon shoes
michael kors wallet sale
ugg boots
cheap jordan shoes
ralph lauren outlet
mcm backpack
cheap oakley sunglasses
1216minko

12/16/2015 2:21 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home